Cuisine : Indian
Mode of cooking: Satvik
Preferred Meal : Lunch
Health Benefits : Better absorption of nutrients as this is a water and nutrient rich recipe, weight loss.
Cooking Duration : 15 – 20 minutes
Consumable : Within 3 hours after cooking
Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger finely chopped- 2 small pods
Curry leaves chopped – 1/2 cup
Green chillies chopped – 1/8 teaspoon (as per your liking for spice)
Broken Wheat/ Burgole – 1 cup
Carrots chopped – 1/4 cup
Potato roughly chopped -1/4 cup
Beans chopped – 1/4 cup
Water – 4 cups
Rock salt/ Himalayan pink salt – 1 tablespoon (as per your taste)
Coriander – 1 tablespoon
- Heat a pan (preferably cast iron/ clay pot). Add cumin seeds , dry roast them until they turn aromatic and brown.
- Roast the burgle/broken wheat till it turns golden brown.
- Add the ginger, beans, carrot, green chillies, curry leaves and sauté them for a couple of minutes until they turn aromatic
- Add in 4 cups of water to this mixture and bring it to a boil
- Add the roasted Burgole / broken wheat
- Simmer and cover with a lid and leave for a couple of minutes for it to cook.
- Once it is properly cooked (water evaporates), add rock salt and coriander to garnish , give a stir.
- It is important to close the ignition or turn off the stove as soon as you add salt.
- Cover it for a couple of minutes and leave it to cook with existing heat.
- Serve with coconut chutney or mint chutney cooked to your choice.