Cuisine : Continental
Mode of Cooking : Vegan , Baked/ Satvik (see tip at the end of the recipe)
Preferred Meal : Breakfast / Snack
Health benefits : Wholesome nutrition from vegetables, natural fats , herbs and spices and whole wheat bread. Balanced diet for the body. Best for school going kids!
Cooking duration: 15 minutes
Preparation time : 5 mins (if vegan cheese is ready)
Consumable : Within 1/2 hour after cooking
Peppers(green, red and bell) of your choice – 1/2 cup ( Green and red used in this recipe)
Onion/ Shallots – 1/4 cup
Green chillies – 2
Vegan Cheese – Vegan Cheese and Mayonnaise
Whole wheat bread slices – 4 or 5
Crushed Pepper and Mixed Italian herbs
- Set the materials spread for the baking – Oven tray and parchment/ butter paper.
- Place 4 to 5 slices of whole wheat bread on the oven tray with parchment paper and have the vegan cashew cheese spread on them.
- Drizzle crushed pepper and mixed Italian herbs on for a slight seasoning.
- Finely chop the peppers of your choice, onions or shallots and green chillies and mix them in a bowl.
- Now add this mixture to the bread slices and spread evenly over the seasoned cashew cheese.
- In goes these slices into the oven to be baked to perfection at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile you could prepare a dip of your choice like I made my tomato cashew mayo and once the good 15 minutes are done, you can sense the aroma of baked bread .
If there is anyone like me who loves that aroma, indulge in this yummy vegan chilli cheese toast to satiate your senses!
SATVIK TIP: Omit garlic in your cheese, onions in your toast and use the cheese and chillies in moderation , don’t indulge! 😀 Enjoy it as simple as Satvik guna!